NutraQ markets Nutramunity™ Beta-Glucan (NBG®), a versatile immune health ingredient suitable for food, beverages and dietary supplements. Nutramunity™ can also be used as a cosmetic ingredient in personal care products.
Nutramunity™ is a beta-1,3/1,6-glucan, a potent and safe immune-enhancing component isolated from baker’s yeast (Saccharomyces cerevisiae) that helps support healthy immune function.
Research has shown that baker’s yeast beta-1,3/1,6-glucan:
- Improves immune function (oral intake)
- Promotes healthy inflammatory response (oral intake)
- Supports mucosal immunity and promotes respiratory health (oral intake)
- Stimulates the skin’s ability to repair, renew and protect itself (topical application)
- Reduces the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines (topical application)
NBG® is the yeast beta-glucan with the longest history of use. A significant portion of today’s knowledge about the safety of yeast beta-1,3/1,6-glucan and its mode of action on the immune system has been obtained through studies with NBG®.
NBG® is naturally-derived, non-GMO, kosher and halal-certified, non-allergenic, GMP-produced, Informed-Sport® and Informed-Choice®-certified, and EU Novel Food-authorized. Yeast beta-1,3/1,6-glucan is GRAS for food use in the US.
Nutramunity™ is available in three grades:
- NBG® Particulate: food and beverage grade, >75% beta-glucan, dry fine powder
- NBG® Suspension: cosmetic grade, 5% dispersion of beta-glucan in water stabilised with 0.4% phenoxyethanol
- NBG® Sport: food and beverage grade for sports nutrition, >75% beta-glucan, dry fine powder, Informed-Sport® and Informed-Choice® certified
Nutramunity™ can be incorporated as an ingredient into a variety of product formats:
- Convenience foods: soups and soup mixes
- Bakery & cereals: bread and cake mixes, cookies, cereals, breakfast and granola bars
- Snacks & confectionary: protein and soy protein bars, nutritional snacks, sports nutrition, chocolate confections
- Dairy & beverages: yoghurt, yoghurt beverages, milk and soymilk beverages, meal replacement beverages, fruit smoothies, sports and functional drinks
- Dietary supplements: hardgel capsules, stick packs and combination formulations
- Personal care: lotions, creams, gels, serum, after-sun lotions, lip balms and lipsticks
For more information on Nutramunity™, please contact our Commercial Department (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Nutramunity™ is distributed in North America by AIC, Inc. For commercial enquiries, please dial toll free (800) 238-0001 or send an email to email@example.com.