Phosphocomplex™ is a lipid-compatible active compound where the Silybin has been complexed with phospholipids.
Silybin is the most abundant and potent constituent origins of Silymarin, the most active ingredient of milk thistle plant (Silybum marianum) that is been extensively studied for its benefits in Liver Health.
Silybin contents in Phosphocomplex through antioxidant and anti-inflammatory effects has the capacity to protect and normalize liver functions, promoting also the production of glutathione.
Unfortunately Silybin have a poor intestinal absorption and a low bioavailability.
In Phosphocomplex phospholipid complexation of Silybin occurs with Phospatidylcholine which is an important emulsifier in the gastrointestinal tract and enhances the capacity of Silybin to cross the lipid-rich bio-membranes and reach circulation, resulting in enhanced bioavailability.
Phosphocomplex has a better bioavailability than standardized Silymarin extract and a higher antioxidant activity.
Phosphocomplex™ offers enhanced stability and synergic effect with the phosphatidylcholine for hepatoprotection and liver health:
- Standardized starting material (≥29% to ≤37% of silybin by HPLC)
- Natural chemical complex specifically identifiable with Improved oral bioavailability
- Suitable for different formulation such as tablets, capsules and topical dosage forms
- Easy handling and storage
- Suitable in veterinary field