Quatrefolic® the InnovACTIVE Folate , is the glucosamine salt of the 5-methyltetrahydrofolate (5-MTHF), the metabolic active form of folate, available for its biological action, ubiquitous in all body cells and the only form of folate that crosses the blood-brain barrier directly.
Quatrefolic® maximizes the benefit of folate supplementation, overcoming the potential inability to benefit of both folic acid and 5-MTHF calcium salt supplementation for:
- the partial inability of some people to convert folic acid to 5-MTHF and the related safety risk of it accumulation in the blood
- the related poor solubility and low stability of 5-MTHF calcium salt formulation
- Highly bioavailable: Quatrefolic has been shown higher bioavailability compared to calcium salt derivatives and folic acid
- Soluble: Quatrefolic is 100 times more soluble in water than 5-methyltetrahydrofolate calcium salt
- Stable: Quatrefolic does not need specific conditions of storage or handling
- Safe: Quatrefolic does not need any metabolization and does not expose cells to unmetabolized folic acid
- Formulation flexibility: Quatrefolic can be easily combined with other ingredients and excipients
- For vegetarian consumers: Kosher, Halal
- Strong IP: US 7,947,662, EP 2245032 and EP 2254890 that covers applications and combinations with other actives.